Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Viloria Aims to be Undisputed Super Flyweight Champion

Fresh from unifying the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and the World Boxing Association (WBA) titles via his victory over Mexican Hernan Marquez last week, Filipino-American champion Brian “The Hawaiian Punch” Viloria is now setting his eyes on the World Boxing Council (WBC) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) crowns.

“There’s also the possibility for me to unify all four titles. So, I might as well go for four and I’m already halfway there. What’s two more, but we’ll see what the possibilities are,” Viloria told reporters during the Philippine Sportswriters Association Forum on Tuesday in Manila.

If ever Viloria (32-3 win-loss record with 19 knockouts) accomplished the feat, he would ascend to the level of American middleweight champions Jermain Taylor and Bernard Hopkins who all won the WBO, WBC, WBA and IBF crowns.

“I will keep on fighting until I feel my body is not responding to the way I want it to then I am looking at hanging up my gloves,” said Viloria, who arrived in Manila on Saturday.

Viloria, 32, also dismissed the idea of moving up from flyweight to bantamweight, “I feel great. I don’t feel my age and I feel like I’m 23. I’m treating my body right and doing the right things at training camp. I see bigger challenges ahead,” he said, adding, “Thinking of going up to 115lbs, get a title then maybe go up to 118lbs. We’ll see. I’m taking it one step at a time. We don’t want to go too far ahead of ourselves.”

Viloria said that there is no final word yet on who his next opponent will be. 

via Ryan Songalia, RingTV

=====

Cebu Mactan Condo at One Pacific Residence
A Prime Upscale Development in Mactan Newtown by Megaworld Corporation

Invest for as Low as Php 8,000.00 / month!

Raymund Baroy
Property Consultant, Megaworld Corporation
International: +63906-5549505
Local: 09065549505
www.primerealproperties.blogspot.com


=====

No comments:

Post a Comment